Tuesday 28 February 2012

Top 10 Trinidad Post-Carnival Questions

I have finally recovered from my 2012 Trinidad Carnival Post Carnival Stress Disorder. The symptoms included euphoria, joy and bliss but soreness in every muscle, foot pain, fuzzy brain from lack of sleep, and complete physical and mental exhaustion.

I had a great time at this year’s Trinidad Carnival! But here are my top 10 Carnival questions:

1.     What’s the best soca workout to get in shape for Trinidad Carnival?

2.     Is there a program to prepare the body and brain for sleep deprivation?

3.     Can I get enough sleep while in traffic to and from fetes?

4.     Will hot yoga prepare me for the hot weather?

5.     Why do my pictures never tell a thousand words?

6.     Is there really such a thing as fashionable and sensible footwear?

7.     When will I stop trying to get my money’s worth in alcohol at all inclusive fetes?

8.     Should I take a full 24 hours off during Carnival week with absolutely no activities?

9.     Can I pick Jouvert or Carnival Monday and not do both?

10.   Is it really necessary on Carnival Tuesday for a band to leave at 6:30 am and race to the Savannah?

In spite of these nagging questions I’m ready to do it again. The countdown for 2013 Trinidad Carnival begins!